Dr Tomy Kamada, CEO and Founder of TomyK Ltd.
Dr. Kamada is co-founder of ACCESS Co. Ltd. (listed in Tokyo Stock Exchange: 4813), a global software company for mobile and beyond-PC markets. Dr. Kamada received a Doctorate in Computer Science from the University of Tokyo. He is also renowned as the inventor of “Compact HTML” for mobile phones, enabling successful mobile Internet services in the early days of the Internet. After retiring from ACCESS, in 2012, Dr. Kamada founded “TomyK Ltd.” – Startup Booster, which actively supports young innovative startups, including the areas of Robotics and AI, Human Augmentation, Biotechnology, Medical & Life Science, Space, and other frontier technologies.
“An algorithm for drawing general undirected graphs”, Information processing letters, 1989
TomyK supporting startups
- AgIC Print – Printing circuit boards with home printers ($79,940, 2014-04-02)
- Moff: a wearable smart toy changes everything into toys ($78,872, 2014-04-10)
- BOCCO: The family robot that brings your loved ones closer ($27,037, 2015-04-12)
- Atmoph Window – Your Room Can Be Anywhere ($161,459, 2015-06-11)
- UnlimitedHand: Touch and Feel the Game World ($74,952, 2015-11-21)
- Nature Remo: Make Any Room Air Conditioner Smart ($95,557, 2016-06-22)
- PLEN Cube: The Portable Personal Assistant Robot ($81,243, 2017-04-22)
Interviews and Articles
Enough already! Why Japan needs no more venture capital…
Beacon Reports (2016. 11. 14)